Saturday, March 19, 2011

074 - Review : Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa

Today I went to The Mines to watch Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa. So far the seats are almost full. I'm lucky I manage to get the middle row seat for best video and audio experience. So what is my verdict?
The cinematography is awesome, the use of camera filters and color are just astounding. The background story is great, it really show what our race is capable of and how epic and great this "Golden Peninsular" is. The cast are excellent; the fighting scene especially is filled with action and gruesome horror, just like watching a real battle. The props are real, the ship, the background buildings and clothing show the cultural of specific Chinese, Indian, Romans and Natives. 
However there’s a lot of mishaps and confusion when i watch it. For example, some of the scene I can't even recognize either it is day or night. Also there are some goofs like the chains on Merong while he was fighting Sunder. Also the plots are sometimes very ridiculous and also illogic I felt I was watching a fairy tale (mind you the producer said to make the story looked logic, that’s why they turned Garuda the big bird into Garuda the pirate). Also the most irritating of all, there's a lot of humor that’s just out of place. Hey, THIS IS AN EPIC FILM, NOT COMEDY. You can add some humor but there must be a limit to it.

SSo far I’m proud with this film, but I’m not moved by it(the tingling sensation when you came out of the cinema that u feel like can be the protagonist itself).
So if assumed Puteri Gunung Ledang is 5 stars, this movie is a 4.

PS: I love Ummi Nazeera in this film, very pretty, woot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...